Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mailbag……

So I’ve been hearing a lot from the community… people keep writing me and asking for advice. Well, here you go.

Dear I’m just sayin…,

I’ve had a blog since 2008. You’ve only had a blog since the middle of September and already you have many, many, many, many, many, many more posts than I do. How do you do it?

Yours truly,

Struggling blogger

Dear Struggling,

Don’t compare your blog to mine… we’re both just doing the best we can. I think it’s great that you’ve posted as much as you have. After all, you are a busy person… what with a dog and baby and working once a month. You’ve done well. I’m just happy that I only have two children, three dogs, 40+ hours of work a week, and two MBA classes. With your schedule, I’m not sure I’d be able to do it all. And really, it’s not like you told people you’d post a certain number of posts each week.

Dear I’m just sayin…,

I am the first born son in my family. I made good grades in school, was a star baseball player, a pretty good basketball player… really just an all around perfect guy. Yet, now whenever I go back home all I ever hear about is my brother. My high school baseball coach even called my brother “The Greatest Second Baseman EVER”. Uh, I played second base… What’s the deal? I have way more awards than him. Really, the only thing he has on me is about 70 pounds.

PLEASE HELP!

Frustrated Bubby

Dear Frustrated,

Cry me a freakin’ river big boy. Maybe you’re looking at the wrong things. You have all these individual achievements, so why does your coach think so highly of your brother? Have you ever stopped to think about the success your coach had with your brother on the team? Sure, you were a great player who stole a lot of bases but your brother made the players around him better… which is probably why his teams won 4 Region Titles and 2 State Championships. And really, keep weight out of it… you’re better than that.

Dear I’m just sayin…,

I keep having girl troubles. It seems all of my girlfriends feel threatened by my (completely straight) relationship with my older, wiser friend. I think his awesomeness scares them away.

What should I do?

Blue Devil

Dear Blue,

I have to ask The Wife for permission before I do anything. Forgive me if I fail to see how your situation is a “problem”.

Well, that’s all we have time for tonight. Sorry if I didn’t get to answer your questions tonight. Don’t worry, I’ll get to them someday soon.

Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs beat the Wizards tonight by 12 (102-90). The next game on the schedule is Thursday night vs. the Bulls.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles are expecting big things from their senior C Andy Buechert. Buechert, from Germany, helped lead the Eagles to the Big South Championship two years ago but had to sit out last year after hurting his knee in the pre-season.

1 comment: