Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend Update....

I want to start today by wishing my good friend and faithful I’m just sayin… reader Michael Wood a happy 30th birthday (his birthday was yesterday). Michael had a great party last night and I have no doubt that all charges stemming from that party will be dropped in the near future.

One more thought on the party. Jamin did a great job with the music. I got their late, so I’m sure the reason I didn’t hear Free Bird or The Devil Went Down to Georgia is that they had already been played. I did notice that there is still no cowbell in the group. My schedule is full right now, but maybe when I’m done with this whole MBA thing I will be available to fill that void.

I’m sure by now you know that I’ve been knocked out of the high school playoffs after going 0-2 in my picks. James Island had their playoff run ended when they lost by over 40 points. Summerville, playing in the other playoff game, fell by 7 to end their run.

Not sure if you’ve heard or not, but there is a big game coming up this Saturday. That’s right, this Saturday is the Clemson/Carolina (or Carolina/Clemson) game. In honor of this, I will be posting on various Clemson and USC things (including recaps of some past games). Now, friends, you know that when I’m talking about any topic (basketball, football, politics, my past…) I’m nothing if not fair and balanced. So this isn’t going to be just some USC bashing stuff going on. I made a pledge to a faithful reader that I would do my best to find something good to say about USC each day. So there is a chance that each day this week you will read something you like and something you don’t like. My advice would be to deal with it. Some of you may be from up north and will think you shouldn’t care about this game or the history between the two schools. I can’t say I’d be surprised by such a stupid thought from a Yankee. Then again, I think that most of my northern readers are smart enough to appreciate how big this game is to people in South Carolina.

Promotional consideration for my post today is paid for by ESPN…


Cleveland Cavs update: Since we last met, my Cavs won 105-95 at Indiana and 97-91 at home vs. Philadelphia. The Cavs won’t play again until Wednesday when they will travel to Detroit to face the Pistons.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles won a defensive battle yesterday against the Spartans of USC Upstate (49-46). At one point around the middle of the second half, the Eagles were down by 13 before making an epic run to win the game. Winthrop will be on the road on Monday when they travel to Clemson to face the Tigers. To be honest, my hope is that Clemson will forget about the game… or that Winthrop will build on their late second half run from yesterday and will stick it to the Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment