Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Seaman Dennis Conlan (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 23, 1864 on board the USS Agawam. His citation reads:

Conlan served on board the U.S.S. Agawam, as one of a volunteer crew of a powder boat which was exploded near Fort Fisher, 23 December 1864. The powder boat, towed in by the Wilderness to prevent detection by the enemy, cast off and slowly steamed to within 300 yards of the beach. After fuses and fires had been lit and a second anchor with short scope let go to assure the boat's tailing inshore, the crew again boarded the Wilderness and proceeded a distance of 12 miles from shore. Less than 2 hours later the explosion took place, and the following day fires were observed still burning at the forts.

Corporal Trustrim Connell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

Private Richard Conner (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 30, 1862 at Bull Run, Virginia. His citation reads:

The flag of his regiment having been abandoned during retreat, he voluntarily returned with a single companion under a heavy fire and secured and brought off the flag, his companion being killed.


Not all of the athletes we highlight on here are famous. Some are, some aren’t… but all are names you should know. Each of these has been voted on by the staff here at I’m just sayin… as athletes you need to at least hear about. I’m sure there are some who will be listed who you already know… I’m sure there are some who won’t make it on here who you think should be. Too bad. Also, I’m not keeping count of how many guys from this team or that team make the blog. The blog does not see team, the blog sees talent.

So long Kevin Steele. This shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone. The day a Clemson Defensive Coordinator gives up 70 points in a bowl game and is still on the staff the next season is the day the Tigers lose 99% of their fans.  I'm just sayin... would like to support Sonny as the next DC.  To Dabo, all I can say is look at what a high school OC did for you... now just think what a former middle school DC can do for you.  While he did not play football in high school or college, Sonny did attend Clemson back when they had the #1 Rush Defense and #1 Overall Defense... so that should count for something.  I don't want to talk for him, but there's a good chance you can get him for cheaper than you can a coach with "experience".  I'm just sayin...


The I’m just sayin… Know Your South Carolina Athlete

Langston Moore: Langston is a Defensive Tackle from James Island, South Carolina. A graduate of James Island High School (a couple of years after me), Langston was named to the Post and Courier All-Lowcountry Team his Senior year. Honestly, he could have been named to more than that… but I could only do so much research for this. Anyway, after high school Moore went to the University of South Carolina to play for the Revolutionary War Heroes under legendary football coach Lou Holtz. His freshman year, Langston helped lead USC to an 0-11 season. Haha… just kidding… that record wasn’t his fault. Anyway, he was a captain his Senior year at USC (he was also All-SEC and 3rd team All-American that season). He was drafted in the 6th round of the 2003 NFL draft by the Cincinnati Bengals. He played 5 seasons in the NFL for the Bengals, Cardinals and Lions. He played in 51 games recording 76 tackles, 5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.  He's out of the NFL now... I'm not 100% sure what he's doing.  I think he might be playing Arena League Football, but I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment