Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, January 23, 2012

RIP Joe Paterno

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Richard H. Cosgriff (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 16, 1865 at Columbus Georgia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag in a personal encounter with its bearer.

Private Thomas Cosgrove (US Army) received his first Medal of Honor for his actions on May 15, 1864 at Drurys Bluff, Virginia. His citation reads:

Individually demanded and received the surrender of 7 armed Confederates concealed in a cellar, disarming and marching them in as prisoners of war.

Ordinary Seaman John Costello (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 16, 1876 on board the USS Hartford. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Hartford, Philadelphia, Pa., 16 July 1876. Showing gallantry, Costello rescued from drowning a landsman of that vessel.


RIP Joe Paterno. Many people think he was a saint… many think he was pure evil… I think he was somewhere in between. My guess is that he was more good than bad. I could be wrong. I didn’t know him. But if I go with my gut on this, I think he was a good man who had his faults… no different than just about every other guy in that regard.

I have decided to help The Wife with an upcoming fundraiser for Pattison's Academy in early March. As you know, my fundraising passion is for the Alzheimer's Association in October... this is The Wife's passion. I will talk about this event (and Pattison's Academy) at a later date. I just wanted to let you know to be on the lookout for it.

I was able to drop another 2 pounds last week. Not as much as the 9 pounds I lost the week before last... but still going in the right direction. My goal is to lose about 2 pounds each week. If I somewhow lose more than that, I won't complain... but the goal is 2 pounds.


The I’m just sayin… Weekly Weigh-In

Greg 227

Mary Ruth 45

Susie 25

Daniel 20

No comments:

Post a Comment