Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Terry!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Aquilla Coonrod (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from October 1876 to January 1877 at Cedar Creek, etc., Montana. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Coxswain John Cooper (US Navy) received his first Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864 on board the USS Brooklyn and his second Medal of Honor for his actions on April 26, 1865 in Mobile, Alabama. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Brooklyn during action against rebel forts and gunboats and with the ram Tennessee, in Mobile Bay, 5 August 1864. Despite severe damage to his ship and the loss of several men on board as enemy fire raked her decks from stem to stern, Cooper fought his gun with skill and courage throughout the furious battle which resulted in the surrender of the prize rebel ram Tennessee and in the damaging and destruction of batteries at Fort Morgan. SECOND AWARD Served as quartermaster on Acting Rear Admiral Thatcher's staff. During the terrific fire at Mobile, on 26 April 1865, at the risk of being blown to pieces by exploding shells, Cooper advanced through the burning locality, rescued a wounded man from certain death, and bore him on his back to a place of safety. G.O. No.: 62, 29 June 1865.

Second Lieutenant Charles D. Copp (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 13, 1862 at Fredericksburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Seized the regimental colors, the color bearer having been shot down, and, waving them, rallied the regiment under a heavy fire.


We at I’m just sayin… would like to wish my sister-in-law Terry a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Let’s see… if Sonny is going to turn 42 later this year, that must mean Terry is 42 NOW… months before Sonny.

Happy Birthday, too, to General Robert E. Lee (voted greatest General of all-time by the staff of I’m just sayin…). It was on this day in 1807 that General Lee was born. He would have been 205 years old today…

We would like to welcome Courtyard to 2012. I’m happy to know that I can still shame my friends into doing things. What can I say… God gave me a gift and it would be wrong for me to not use it. At least, that’s how I look at it. If you haven’t done so yet, make sure you visit Courtyard and Our Life… they each started the New Year off with quality posts.


Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for Maverick. Is he the best dog ever? Of course not… that title belongs to Dach. Was it love at first sight for us? Not at all… though it was for me and Lucy. Fact is, I didn’t like Maverick very much when we first got him. I remember he would climb up on my chest while I was in bed and he could put his nose right up to my nose… and then cough. So we didn’t really get started off on the right foot. But that was ok, because we didn’t get him to be my dog. Lucy was my dog and The Wife didn’t like that. That’s part of the reason we got Maverick. The big part, however, was that we wanted a baby and we weren’t getting pregnant. So, what does one do when they can’t get pregnant? One gets a pet… at least that’s what we did. I know… it’s probably funny to hear a father of 3 say he and his wife got a dog because they couldn’t get pregnant, but it’s true. So we got Maverick so The Wife could have a “baby”. The last reason is that we thought Lucy would like to have a friend to play with. That’s funny because they didn’t really get along and I’m pretty sure Lucy hated Maverick until Scooby came along and gave her someone new to hate. I’m just basing that on what Lucy told me. Anyway, the turning point in my relationship with Maverick came when he started killing rats in our backyard. I can’t remember his total right now, but I’m pretty sure it’s somewhere between 7 and 9. These weren’t tiny little mice… these were rats that were big. How big? Big enough that I wasn’t real excited about going after them. Since his first kill, he has become my “Al Neri”. Not sure who that is? You should be ashamed. Anyway, I am thankful for Maverick because he’s now my dog (he left The Wife for me a while ago)… and he’s not at all like Scooby.

No comments:

Post a Comment