Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Maverick!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Master-at-Arms Robert T. Clifford (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 22, 1863 on board the USS Shokokon. His citation reads:

Served on board the U.S.S. Shokokon at New Topsail Inlet off Wilmington, N.C., 22 August 1863. Participating in a strategic plan to destroy an enemy schooner, Clifford aided in the portage of a dinghy across the narrow neck of land separating the sea from the sound. Launching the boat in the sound, the crew approached the enemy from the rear and Clifford gallantly crept into the rebel camp and counted the men who outnumbered his party 3 to 1. Returning to his men, he ordered a charge in which the enemy was routed, leaving behind a schooner and a quantity of supplies.

Private John E. Clopp (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 3, 1863 at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 9th Virginia Infantry (C.S.A.), wresting it from the color bearer.

Corporal George W. Clute (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 19, 1865 at Bentonville, North Carolina. His citation reads:

In a charge, captured the flag of the 40th North Carolina (C.S.A.), the flag being taken in a personal encounter with an officer who carried and defended it.


You might be thinking… “Really Greg… You’re really going to wish your dog a happy birthday on your blog?” To that I say, Yes… this dog has killed more rats in my backyard than you ever have. And, if you must know, he’s my favorite child at this point. That’s right. I said it. :) So, Happy Birthday Maverick! I’m glad The Wife wanted to get you. I have to admit, she got that one right.

I’m just sayin… Picture Tuesday

Here are a couple of pics from Christmas…


Susie on her new tricycle

Daniel on his first Christmas

Susie got a cookie... and a Cookie Monster

Mary Ruth LOVING Christmas morning

This is some of what Santa put in the kids stockings

My advice to all new fathers... find a cartoon that your kids like (that doesn't stink) and embrace it.  I have found that cartoon and it is Phineas and Ferb.  This is what I got for Christmas: A Dr. Doofenshmirtz t-shirt, Perry the Platypus pajama pants, and a Perry the Platypus stuffed animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment