Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, July 29, 2016

Big Tommy

Join Team I’m just sayin… in our Walk to End Alzheimer’s! If you would like to join or donate, just click on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s button above this post (if you are on your computer). Or, if you’re on your phone click here.


Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Daniel A. Woods (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 18th Florida Infantry (C.S.A.).

Seaman Samuel Woods (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 14, 1863, on board the U.S.S. Mount Washington. His citation reads:

As captain of the gun, serving temporarily on board the U.S.S. Mount Washington, during the Nansemond River action, 14 April 1863. When one of his comrades was struck by a bullet and knocked overboard, Woods fearlessly jumped into the water and swam after him. Before he reached him, the man sank beneath the surface and Woods promptly swam back to the vessel, went to his gun, and fought it to the close of the action. At the close of the battle, he tirelessly cared for the wounded.

First Lieutenant/Adjutant Evan M. Woodward (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 13, 1862, at Fredericksburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Advanced between the lines, demanded and received the surrender of the 19th Georgia Infantry and captured their battle flag.


Today’s Pic

Here we have a picture of Sonny's daughter (Allison) and his father-in-law Tommy.  I met Tommy many (many) years ago when I was in middle school and Sonny was dating Cougar.  While I was young, I was pretty big (compared to most people around me).  Then  I met Tommy... I don't know how big he actually way, but to me he seemed to be around 10 feet tall.  Over the years I got to spend some time with him (usually before/after Clemson games at his tailgate) and he always treated me so nice.  Someone that size didn't have to be nice to anyone, especially some punk kid.  But Tommy was nice.  He treated me like the son he always wanted (and the son-in-law he wanted Sonny to be).  He died far too soon and I have missed him very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment