Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, July 21, 2016

Happy Time…

Join Team I’m just sayin… in our Walk to End Alzheimer’s! If you would like to join or donate, just click on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s button above this post (if you are on your computer). Or, if you’re on your phone click here.


Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Bugler Claron A. Windus (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 12, 1870, at Wichita River, Texas. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Lieutenant William W. Winegar (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 1, 1865, at Five Forks, Virginia. His citation reads:

While advancing in front of his company and alone, he found himself surrounded by the enemy. He accosted a nearby enemy flag_bearer demanding the surrender of the group. His effective firing of one shot so demoralized the unit that it surrendered with flag.

Sergeant William Winterbottom (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 12, 1870, at PLACE. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.


Today’s Pic



The pic today is from one of my favorite memories… our family trip to Disney World. This particular picture was from our first day at Magic Kingdom as we waited for Mickey Mouse to come out and welcome us to the park. If you ever have the chance to take young kids to Disney World… do it. I hope they remember it, but even if they don’t I know I’ll always remember it.

We’re under two months until the Walk to End Alzheimer’s. So far team I’m just sayin… is doing good, but we could do better. Make sure you click on the link at the top of the post to support us. Thanks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment