Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, July 15, 2016

Lucy in the car…

Join Team I’m just sayin… in our Walk to End Alzheimer’s! If you would like to join or donate, just click on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s button above this post (if you are on your computer). Or, if you’re on your phone click here.


Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Charles E. Wilson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Charged the enemy's works, colors in hand, and had 2 horses shot from under him.

Corporal Charles Wilson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from October 21, 1876 – January 8, 1877, at Cedar Creek, etc., Montana. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Private Christopher W. Wilson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 12, 1864, at Spotsylvania, Virginia. His citation reads:

Took the flag from the wounded color bearer and carried it in the charge over the Confederate works, in which charge he also captured the colors of the 56th Virginia (C.S.A.) bringing off both flags in safety.


Today’s Pic


Sweet Lucy...

My sweet Lucy died over five years ago, but sometimes a memory will pop into my head and make me smile. As I’m sure you remember, Lucy was our first child (a pitbull/boxer mix who we adopted after Labor Day in 2002. She was a sweet girl who without a doubt loved me more than she loved The Wife. It’s not that they didn’t get along (though there were some… disagreements… here and there), it’s just that she loved me more. What can I say… she was a daddy’s girl. This particular memory is of how Lucy acted in the car. When she was in the car with me, Lucy would sit in the front seat and would look out the window as I drove. She loved it. When she was in the car with The Wife driving, Lucy would curl up into a tight ball on the floor in the back and tightly shut her eyes. Having been in a car with The Wife driving, I completely understand how Lucy felt. I’m just sayin…

No comments:

Post a Comment