Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, July 28, 2016

Top 10 Tom Cruise Movies

Join Team I’m just sayin… in our Walk to End Alzheimer’s! If you would like to join or donate, just click on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s button above this post (if you are on your computer). Or, if you’re on your phone click here.


Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Alonzo Woodruff (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 27, 1864, at Hatchers Run, Virginia. His citation reads:

Went to the assistance of a wounded and overpowered comrade, and in a hand-to-hand encounter effected his rescue.

First Lieutenant Carle A. Woodruff (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 24, 1863, at Newbys Crossroads, Virginia. His citation reads:

While in command of a section of a battery constituting a portion of the rear guard of a division then retiring before the advance of a corps of Infantry was attacked by the enemy and ordered to abandon his guns. Lt. Woodruff disregarded the orders received and aided in repelling the attack and saving the guns.

Sergeant Brent Woods (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 19, 1881, in New Mexico. His citation reads:

Saved the lives of his comrades and citizens of the detachment.


Today’s Pic



Top 10 Tom Cruise Movies

10. A Few Good Men (1992) Roll: Lt. Daniel Kaffee; This list wasn’t easy… I had to leave a lot of good movies off this list. I like this one too much to leave it off, though. Cruise did a great job, I think, of a JAG lawyer.

9. Jack Reacher (2012) Roll: Jack Reacher; This movie didn’t get great reviews, but I thought it was great. I think the sequel is coming out later this year.

8. Knight and Day (2010) Roll: Roy Miller; This is an action movie with a lot of laughs… or a comedy with a lot of action. Either way, I like it.

7. Jerry Maguire (1996) Roll: Jerry Maguire; “SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!”

6. The Firm (1993) Roll: Mitch McDeere; This movie was adapted from the great John Grisham novel by the same name.

5. Rain Man (1988) Roll: Charlie Babbitt; While the movie is best known for the role Dustin Hoffman played, the story of growth is really about the selfish young jerk of a character played by Tom Cruise learning to love the big brother he never really knew.

4. Days of Thunder (1990) Roll: Cole Trickle; Even if you don’t like NASCAR, you’ll like it after watching this movie.

3. Cocktail (1988) Roll: Brian Flanagan; Who knew bartending was so much fun?

2. Risky Business (1983) Roll: Joel Goodson; This has one of the most well-known lip-synch scenes in movie history.

1. Top Gun (1986) Role: Lt. Pete “Maverick” Mitchell; Tom Cruise was so good in this movie that I wanted to fly jets for the Navy. I hate flying and I hate being so far out on the water that I can’t see land. Think about that…

No comments:

Post a Comment