Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, July 8, 2016

Incoming!!!!!!!!

Join Team I’m just sayin… in our Walk to End Alzheimer’s! If you would like to join or donate, just click on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s button above this post (if you are on your computer). Or, if you’re on your phone click here.


Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain of the Main Top John Williams (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 26, 1861, on board the U.S.S. Pawnee. His citation reads:

Serving as captain of the maintop of the U.S.S. Pawnee in the attack upon Mathias Point, 26 June 1861, Williams told his men, while lying off in the boat, that every man must die on his thwart sooner than leave a man behind. Although wounded by a musket ball in the thigh he retained the charge of his boat; and when the staff was shot away, held the stump in his hand, with the flag, until alongside the Freeborn.

Seaman John Williams (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 3, 1862, on board the U.S.S. Commodore Perry. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Commodore Perry in the attack upon Franklin, Va., 3 October 1862. With enemy fire raking the deck of his ship and blockades thwarting her progress, Williams remained at his post and performed his duties with skill and courage as the Commodore Perry fought a gallant battle to silence many rebel batteries as she steamed down the Blackwater River.

Sergeant Le Roy Williams (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 3, 1864, at Cold Harbor, Virginia. His citation reads:

Voluntarily exposed himself to the fire of the enemy's sharpshooters and located the body of his colonel who had been killed close to the enemy's lines. Under cover of darkness, with 4 companions, he recovered the body and brought it within the Union lines, having approached within a few feet of the Confederate pickets while so engaged.


Today’s Pic


He's a lover not a fighter...



As you know, Monday was the 4th of July… so, of course, that means fireworks. I decided to let the dogs out a little before 9pm… it was starting to get dark, but my hope was that I would get them out and back in before people starting shooting fireworks. I opened the backdoor and Scooby and Maverick ran out full speed into the backyard. As soon as they were out there, the people living on the street behind us starting shooting (fireworks, I assume… but one can never be too sure in this area). Maverick… being the (old) warrior that he is… charged toward the back fence barking and looking like he was ready to take on the world to protect his home and family. At that same moment, Scooby… being the big, stupid sonofagun that he is… ran full speed toward the backdoor (almost knocking me over in the process) as if there was an army out back shooting at us. I let him in so he could hide beside his mommy while I went and had to practically drag Maverick back into the house. Just my luck that the bigger, younger dog is the coward…

No comments:

Post a Comment