Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday fun

Mary Ruth and I went to the Memory Walk today. As of today, my team was in second place in money raised with a little over $2,000. A total of $63,000 was raised in the tri-county area. I was the highest fundraiser on my team bringing in $830.

I wish I had ESPNU.

I hate that I’m still in grad school. It was hard enough getting homework done with Mary Ruth around… with Mary Ruth and Susie it’s almost impossible.

Looks like I made a good call yesterday… Summerville beat Berkeley 28-20.

Remember you heard it here first last Saturday… CJ Spiller is fast.

I played football for two years. I was a tight end on offense and a defensive end on defense. In two years, we never lost a game. On offense, we only had one pass play… a bootleg pass to me. It worked every time.

I have heard people say that it isn’t good to hate. I disagree. Just take a glance at Romans 12:9 and you’ll see that we should hate what is evil. Therefore, I hate Coastal Carolina.

I also hate (or at least have a strong dislike for) THE Ohio State, The U, Notre Dame, and any school with “State” in the name when the first part of the name isn’t one of the 50 states (example: Ball State).

Oh, and Sammy Sosa. I really hate Sammy Sosa. Always have. Always will.

Navy beat Wake Forest today, 13-10. The Midshipmen host the Temple Owls next Saturday.

The Cleveland Cavs fact of the day: This is the 40th season for the Cleveland Cavs.

The Winthrop Eagles fact of the day: This is the 32nd season for the Winthrop Eagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment