Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Thoughts.......

Well, well, well... The Wife ratted me out to The Mother-in-Law for my comments on here the other day. Neither was real happy with me... so they did a bunch of work around the house to prove me wrong. Boy, they really showed me...

It amazes me how The Wife and I can be in the same place at the same time and hear the same person talking and yet we’ll walk away with completely different feelings. For example, this past Monday we took Susie to the doctor. This was her first visit to our family doctor. He looked at her, talked about how some of her numbers were high, but they were going down (like we wanted) so that was a good thing. He told us some things we needed to do and then ended the visit by saying things were going in the right direction and we shouldn’t be worried. I walked out of there thinking things were going in the right direction and we shouldn’t be worried. The Wife walked out of there thinking at any minute the doctor was going to tell us to put Susie in the hospital and that we would be known throughout the land as the worst parents in the world and that they would probably take Susie, Mary Ruth and the dogs away from us because we can’t do anything right. You see, The Wife likes to read into things. Me? I take the doctor at his word. I figure I pay him good money to tell me how to feel. So if he says don’t worry, I won’t worry. If he says I need to be worried, I’ll worry. But I guess that’s just me... The good news is we had a better visit on Wednesday. The numbers had gone even lower and the doctor kept telling The Wife how great this was and how great he felt about this. Personally, I think he was overselling it... but The Wife was feeling good when we left so I’ll take it.

I think Mary Ruth loves taking Susie to the doctor. They do everything to Susie, but Mary Ruth is the one who gets a sticker and a sucker at the end of the visit.

Scooby is starting to come around. I warned him that once the baby got here, The Wife would start to cut him out. He didn’t listen then... but he’s finding out now how right I was. He’s still my 5th favorite dog behind Dach (who’s dead), Lucy, Maverick, and Auburn (who isn’t even my dog)... but he’s at least trying to work his way up. And he hasn’t done anything bad to Susie yet, so he’s got that going for him...


Don't forget that this Sunday is the first Sunday of the month... so come out to Ashley Ridge for church. The first 100 people there get the flu vaccine. Haha... just kidding (maybe).

Congrats to James Island OL Chad Hamilton for being selected to play in the 73rd annual Shrine Bowl.

The I'm Just Sayin... High School Game of the Week this week is Berkeley at Goose Creek. Goose Creek is favored in this game by 5 points. I say take the Gators and the points.

Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs get back to their winning ways tonight when they visit the Minnesota Timberwolves. Unfortunately, this game will not be on national TV.

Winthrop Eagles update: The Eagles have been hard at work this off-season not only improving their play on the court but also improving my experience at the game. I will now have a cushioned seat with the Eagle logo on the back. I didn’t want to look like a snob, so I asked that they do this for all of the seats in the lower section along both sidelines. They agreed to this. They have also improved the lighting in the rafters and added stobe-like lights underneath the main scoreboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment