Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, October 26, 2009

Thoughts while waiting for Dr. Dre to release Detox…

Ever notice that wives don’t laugh at their husbands jokes in public (or ever). Why is that? I don’t remember that part of our vows. Hang around me and The Wife long enough and there’s a good chance I’ll say or do something to make you laugh. The Wife will just roll her eyes. Maybe she just doesn’t get it…

Good news… Scooby hasn’t killed Susie yet. I have to admit, he really does try to stay calm around her. He’s just so freakin’ huge and… challenged… that he can’t help it. Luckily Maverick and Lucy are around to keep an eye on him.

In related news, Scooby is still picking fights with the other two dogs. He hasn’t won yet.

It’s almost time for the fair. Chances are pretty good I won’t go this year. The Wife doesn’t want to go and I never want to go, so things might work in my favor. I will give the fair people some credit… they usually have some good music there. I remember back in high school I got to see The Charlie Daniels Band play at the fair. That was pretty cool.

I’ve had a chance to see some good music live over the years. Bon Jovi, Hootie and The Blowfish, Poison, Cinderella, Skid Row, Reba, Bare Naked Ladies, Gin Blossoms, and of course, The Charlie Daniels Band. I had a ticket to see Dr. Dre but the show was cancelled. They were all great, but the Bon Jovi concert might have been the best. I was on the third row for that one.
I think “Livin’ On a Prayer” would be a good song to play in a church.

Speaking of church, don’t forget the first Sunday of the month is coming up so come check out Ashley Ridge Church (located at Ashley Ridge High School). Real easy to get there… Drive to the high school, drive around until you see some cars, look for people. It’s a big school, but it’s not that big. Get to the high school and you’ll find us.

The Cleveland Cavs fact of the day: The Cavs team leader is a youngster by the name of LeBron James.

The Winthrop Eagles fact of the day: The Eagles team leader is senior Manny Robinson. My money says that Manny could shut down LeBron.

2 comments:

  1. I can't seem to find a Sunday blog entry. I know you wouldn't miss a day, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much for being the Iron Man of blogging.

    ReplyDelete