Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Upon further review...

Well we got home last night. Just one more example of the power of this blog. Of course, The Wife thinks we were sent home because she called and talked to enough people. But I think we know the truth.

It has been brought to my attention that a doctor did come in yesterday morning and the only reason she didn’t wake us up was that the nurse told her we had just fallen asleep. A different doctor was supposed to tell us everything… he never came by. At first I, like you, did not believe this. However, I have since learned that the doctor (as well as the first fill-in doctor who saw Susie) is a fellow graduate of James Island High School. Knowing that these doctors are fellow Trojans leads me to believe that yesterday morning was just a result of some big misunderstanding. I’m sure the doctor who never showed up was a Stratford grad.

How cool was it for those doctors to get to check on the off-spring of one of the most well-known baseball families on James Island? The only way it would have been better for them is if The Wife’s maiden name was something like Tillman, Glaze, or Gigis. They didn’t really say anything… but I could see it in their eye’s when we met with them again today.

Big Sister Mary Ruth has been a big help with Susie so far. I would have no problem letting her watch Susie while I take a nap. Probably why The Wife isn’t going to leave me alone with the girls anytime soon.

The past couple of days I’ve had some complaints about how I was treated at the hospital. Some have felt the need to point out that I didn’t just push a baby out of me. My response to this is… That’s not the point. I’m not saying they should have given me the bed and make The Wife sleep in the chair. I’m not saying they should not bring anything for The Wife. Did she have some discomfort? Yes. Was the hospital doing what they could to help her? Yes. I just don’t think it would have killed them to have something there that I could sleep on.

With all of this baby talk, I have forgotten to post the Cleveland Cavs/Winthrop Eagles fact of the day. I will start this back up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment